Medicaid Fraud Control Unit

Wyoming's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) operates a statewide program to investigate and prosecute violations of laws related to fraud in the Medicaid program. The MFCU also investigates and prosecutes abuse, neglect, and exploitation of any resident of a Medicaid funded health care facility, or of Medicaid residents living in their homes or other settings. The MFCU is a multidisciplinary team made up of an investigator, auditor, paralegal, and an attorney. 

Report Fraud and Abuse:

You can report suspected fraud by a Medicaid provider or patient abuse, neglect, or exploitation in a Medicaid-funded facility by:

Frequently Asked Questions:

For more information about Wyoming Medicaid please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. 

Press Releases:

To learn more about recent MFCU investigations and prosecutions please see our 

press release page.

Medicaid Rules

Current copies if the Wyoming Medicaid rules and regulation may be viewed from the 

Wyoming Secretary of State's website. 

Contact the MFCU at:

(307) 777-3444 


1-800-378-0345 (toll free in Wyoming)

Fax:  (307) 777-5094


Staff Listing

The Wyoming MFCU receives 75% of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $413,507.02 for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2024. The remaining 25%, totaling $137,835.67 for FY 2024, is funded by the State of Wyoming.