Consumer Protection Unit

Consumer Complaints

Telephone Solicitation

Consumer Education

Other Agencies

Resolved Matters

The Wyoming Consumer Protection Act (Act) prohibits businesses from taking advantage of consumers through various types of misrepresentations, and unfair or deceptive acts or practices. The Act authorizes the Attorney General to file a lawsuit when he has reasonable cause to believe that a business has violated the Act and that proceedings would be in the public interest. 

Our office investigates complaints alleging a pattern or practice of unfair or deceptive acts or practices. Information from consumers allows us to identify and devote our resources to the most serious cases involving widespread injury to Wyoming’s consumers and its business environment.

If your complaint involves misrepresentations or deceptive practices arising out of a purchase or other transaction made for personal, family or household purposes, please file a consumer complaint with our office. More information about the consumer complaint process can be found on this page here.

Please remember that the Attorney General represents the State of Wyoming and cannot act as your private attorney. Any legal action our office takes is on behalf of the state.

There are other options available to you to assist you with resolving your complaint. Some of these options are described here. You might also consider hiring a private attorney to assist you.  

Details regarding recent cases resolved by the Attorney General's Office can be found on this page.

Contact Information:
Toll Free in Wyoming (800) 438-5799
(307) 777-8962
FAX (307) 777-3435




Consumers have reported receiving calls from people who claim to be from the IRS and demanding payment for taxes. Victims have reported that callers have threatened to suspend licenses, arrest or deport targets. If you receive one of these calls the best thing to do is hang up. Here are some additional things that you can do:
If you owe Federal taxes, or think you might owe taxes, call the IRS at 800-829-1040. IRS workers can help you with your payment questions.
If you don’t owe taxes, fill out the “IRS Impersonation scam” form on the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration website.
or call your complaint in to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 800-366-4484.